Dietetic Technician Applicants for Fall 2020
Applications are accepted once a year for Fall semester entry to the Dietetic Technician Program. The DT admission process is highly competitive. Students must meet the admission requirements of the program and those required for admission to Central Arizona College.
There will be a maximum of 25 students admitted to the DTP annually. Application packets will be date-stamped upon receipt. In case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the earliest date that the application was received.
- General education requirements (CHM, BIO, MAT, ENG) must be completed before applying for admission to the program. Students must have earned a grade of “C” or better. Completion of required Chemistry (CHM) course within last (5) five years.
- Read the DT Program Handbook.
- Apply to Central Arizona College Link to apply to CAC.
Application Packets will be accepted by mail only from February 1st through June 15th for entrance to the Fall semester. Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered. Notification letters will be mailed on or before July 6th.
All documents must be complete and typed. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. No documents will be returned.
Steps to Apply for Admissions to the DT Program/Application Packet
Step One – Application for Admission to DT Program
The Application Packet must include the following:
- Completed Application for Admission DTAAS Degree (to download this fillable form in Word, choose “Save as”).
- Letter of Intent explaining your interest in the field of dietetics and why you want to become a Nutrition and Dietetic Technician, Registered. Rubric for Letter of Intent.
- Two letters of Recommendation (from a colleague, current or past employer, current or former instructor).
- Official Transcripts to meet general education course work requirement.
The Official Transcripts from colleges/universities you attended must be received in the original sealed envelope (with secured seal from the college/university). The transcript will not be considered official if the seal (closure) of the envelope is broken when it is received.
Step Two – Mail Application Packet to:
Central Arizona College
Dietetic Education Program – DTP
8470 N. Overfield Rd
Coolidge, AZ 85128
Step Three – Admission Status
Upon receipt of the application packet, an email confirmation will be sent to you from email@example.com.
Successful applicants will be notified with acceptance letters. Students that were not accepted at this time will also receive notification letters.
It is essential that dietetic technician students be able to perform a number of physical activities in the clinical portion of the program. At a minimum, students may be required to stand or sit for several hours at a time. Perform bending and lifting activities. Students who have a chronic illness or condition must be maintained on current treatment and be able to implement these duties.
The clinical experience may place students under considerable mental and emotional stress as they undertake responsibilities and duties impacting patients’ lives. Students must be able to demonstrate rational and appropriate behavior under stressful conditions. Individuals should give careful consideration to the mental and physical demands of the program.
Additional requirements are completed after admission to the DT Program. These include but are not limited to:
- The Dietetic Technician Program uses an independent contractor prior to internship placement, to manage several of the program requirements: Immunization/Drug Screening/TB Skin Test/Criminal Background Check.
- You must have health insurance to complete the internship.
- Other items may be required based on facility placement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am in the process of completing the DT Application, but I am not sure if the General Education courses I completed in other colleges/universities are equivalent to the CAC General Education courses required, can I send my unofficial transcript to be evaluated before applying?
You may send your unofficial transcripts from all colleges and Universities you have attended to our online General Education Advisor at OnlineAdvisor@centralaz.edu. Please allow up to four weeks for an unofficial evaluation.
- I have requested official transcripts from the college/university I attended and I haven’t receive them yet, can I sent an unofficial transcript with the application packet to meet the deadline and as soon as I receive them I forward them to you?
No, the Application Packet must include official transcripts (unofficial transcripts will void your application).
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the application forms or the application process?
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions on how to complete the Application is detailed in Steps to Apply for Admission DTAAS degree.
- I took a Chemistry course six years ago, does it mean that my application won’t be considered?
Yes, your Chemistry course must be completed no more than 5 years before you apply to the DT Program.
- I only need one more course of the specific General Education courses required, if I apply, would my application be considered? I am planning to take the class concurrently with the first NTR class.
Your application will not be considered. You must complete the general education requirements (CHM, BIO, MAT, ENG) before applying.
- Do I need to mail the Application Packet via certified mail? Would I receive a confirmation that my Application Packet was received?
How you mail the Application Packet is your decision (USPS, FedEx or UPS). Upon receipt of the application packet, an email confirmation will be sent to you from email@example.com.
- Do I include the official transcripts with the Application?
Yes, the official transcripts must be sent to YOU from colleges in sealed envelope (with secured seal/signature from the college/university). You must include the official transcripts in their original sealed envelope. The transcript will not be considered official if the seal (closure) of the envelope is broken when it is received.
- How long do I have to complete the DTAAS degree?
Completion of NTR course requirements after admissions to DT Program within 3 years for full time students and 4.5 years for part-time students.
- If I am not accepted, would I know what criteria didn’t meet and would I be able to apply again?
Yes, the notification letter will include the reason(s) that you were not accepted. You may apply again.
- How many times a year do you accept applications to the Dietetic Technician Program?
We are currently accepting students one time per year to start in the Fall semester. Please refer to the dates on the application form.
- If I am not accepted, will my official transcripts be returned?
No documents will be returned.