Central Arizona College’s High School Programs

Central Arizona College’s High School Programs give students a jump-start on preparing for their futures. Our programs allow academically prepared & eligible students the ability to earn college credits while still in high school, saving time and money.

Getting Started

Registering for college classes in a big step in the next part of your educational journey.

When you take college classes in high school, you are a college student and need to follow college processes. It is important to follow all the steps in the “High School Student Checklist for Enrollment in CAC Courses” below.

If you need help, please reach out to us at CentralHelpDesk@centralaz.edu or 520.494.5111.

Learn More

Upload documents to the Student Portal

Forms and Applications

 Admissions Application is ONLY completed once.

*Courses taught by qualified high school instructors.

Students and Parents, please contact your high school guidance counselors for more information on Central Arizona College’s High School Programs. If you have Admission or technical questions, please contact CAC’s Central Helpdesk at (520) 494-5111 or Centralhelpdesk@Centralaz.edu.

Who can participate in CAC’s High School Programs?

Any high school student* may take courses at Central Arizona College.  Interested students must complete a CAC Admission Form and a High School Programs Registration Form which requires an electronic signature from the student and a high school counselor or authorized representative.

*If you are not yet a high school student and wish to take classes, please complete the special admit process by contacting cristina.delcid@centralaz.edu to schedule an appointment.

What are the eligibility requirements of the Early College Scholarship?

To qualify for the Early College Scholarship:

  • Be a Pinal County high school student and enrolled in 11th or 12th grade (homeschool ineligible – many homeschool students use their ESA funds to cover the cost of tuition, books, and supplies for college classes).
                 Or, you have successfully COMPLETED the 10th grade and it is the summer before the 11th grade fall semester*.
                 Or, it is the term after your high school graduation (summer term for May graduates, spring term for December graduates).
  • Classified as IN-STATE by Central Arizona College (students are REQUIRED to provide proof State Residency).
  • Register for courses using the Concurrent Registration Forms.
  • Must be enrolled into College Level Courses. Typically, courses numbered 100 or higher…
  • After the first Semester at CAC, Maintain a 2.0 cumulative CAC GPA.

  • *The first semester a student will be eligible for Early College funding is the summer term prior to starting 11th grade at their high school.

    What is dual enrollment vs concurrent enrollment?

    CAC High School Programs refers to any course taken by a current high school student.  Previously, these courses were defined as dual enrollment (courses held at the high school and taught by a high school instructor) or concurrent enrollment (courses held at a CAC campus or online and taught by a CAC instructor).