Areas of Interest
Where do I start?
- Not sure? Take the MyMajors Assessment and discover the Areas of Interest and specific degrees or certificates that align with your interests.
- Review the NINE Areas of Interest below and pick one that aligns with your interests, where you feel comfortable or have done well.
- Select a degree or certificate from the Areas of Interest to follow and review the requirements.
- Work with your advisor to follow and adjust the map to meet your specific career and/or transfer goals.
CAC’s commonly used terms:
Area of Interest – is a grouping of certificates, degrees, and pathways within a discipline.
Degree – a two-year qualification.
- The AA (Associate of Arts), AS (Associate of Science), and ABUS (Associate of Business) are transferrable to a four-year institution.
- The AAS degree (Associate of Applied Science) prepares students to enter the workforce.
Certificate – typically one to two-semester course of study (qualification) that may lead to entry into the workforce or fulfills a portion of a degree.
Pathway – a focused area of study (like a major).