Central Arizona College has signed and returned the Certification and Agreement under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act stating that this institution intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
CAC students not attending completely online programs, who were enrolled in 3 or more credit hours and meet all federal eligibility requirements received a technology grant of $350. These students are also eligible to request additional funding. If a student believes they meet eligibility criteria and have been denied assistance, they can verify information or submit supporting documentation with the Dean of Students Office. Students whose eligibility are verified will be approved to receive the CARES Technology Grant automatically, and the additional emergency grant, if requested, as funds are available.
To comply with U.S. Department of Education reporting requirements regarding Section 18004(e) of the CARES ACT, Central Arizona College will publish and update the following information regarding the allocation of Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Required Data Reporting As of 7/3/2020*:
– Central Arizona College has received $1,505,255 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students as of 7/3//2020.
– Central Arizona College has expended $1,280,300 as of 7/3/2020.
– $1,105,650 was paid out via the CARES Technology Grant.
– $174,650 was paid out via the CARES Emergency Fund.
– The total number of students eligible for funding is 3,159 as of 7/3/2020.
– The total number of students who have received funding is 3,159 (CARES Technology Grant) and 499 (additional CARES Emergency Funds) as of 7/3/2020.
*This data will be updated every 45 days in compliance with DOE guidelines.
Students should refer to www.centralaz.edu/CARES for additional information and guidelines regarding CARES funding and eligibility.