Central Arizona College has signed and returned the Certification and Agreement under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act stating that this institution intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
CAC students not attending completely online programs, who were enrolled in 3 or more credit hours during Spring 2020 and meet all federal eligibility requirements received a technology grant of $350. Students who were eligible as described above may have applied for additional emergency grant funds. Approved emergency grant funds have been exhausted and reported below.
To comply with U.S. Department of Education reporting requirements regarding Section 18004(e) of the CARES ACT, Central Arizona College will publish and update the following information regarding the allocation of Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Required Data Reporting As of 9/25/2020*:
– Central Arizona College has received $1,505,255 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students as of 9/25/2020.
– Central Arizona College has expended $1,298,850 as of 9/25/2020.
– $1,108,800 was paid out via the CARES Technology Grant.
– $190,050 was paid out via the CARES Emergency Fund.
– The total number of students eligible for funding is 3,711 as of 9/25/2020.
– The total number of students who have received funding is 3,168 (CARES Technology Grant) and 543 (additional CARES Emergency Funds) as of 9/25/2020.
*This data will be updated every 45 days in compliance with DOE guidelines.
Students should refer to www.centralaz.edu/CARES for additional information and guidelines regarding CARES funding and eligibility.