Signal Peak Campus
8470 North Overfield Road
Coolidge, AZ 85128
Tel: (520) 494-5250 Fax: (520) 494-5234
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Code of Ethics
The Purchasing Department of Central Arizona College is committed to guide our activity through adherence to the following commonly shared values and ethical codes set forth by the National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP).
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, and advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier, and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third part review, insofar as the established policies of my institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations, and with government and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with other purchasing professionals and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.
CLIP Application (PDF)
Consultant Expense Form (PDF)
Disclosure of Substantial Interest (Conflict of Interest) (PDF)
Equipment Disposal Form (PDF)
Equipment Transfer Form (PDF)
Purchase Order Terms & Conditions (PDF)
Purchasing Manual (PDF)
Request for Taxpayer Identification – Form W-9 (PDF)
Vendor Add / Change Form (PDF)
Vendor Info Form (PDF)
Is a purchase order required for all purchases?
A requisition should be entered in Nexus and a signed purchase order issued prior to an order being placed with a vendor. Vendors should not provide goods or services without a signed purchase order.
When do I have to request quotes and formal bids?
Three written quotes are required for purchases of $10,000-$99,999.99. A formal solicitation for Invitation for Bids (IFB’s) or Request for Proposals (RFP’s) are required for purchases of $100,000 and up.
What is the process for setting up a new vendor in Nexus?
All requests for new vendors must be approved by the Director of Purchasing. Requests for new vendors should be submitted to Purchasing by means of a Vendor Add or Change form including a W-9 completed and signed by the vendor, vendor info form, and justification for requesting a new vendor.
What is the process for moving equipment from one location to another?
An Equipment Transfer Form must be completed and signed by the requesting department’s supervisor and forwarded to the Director of Purchasing for approval before any furniture and/or equipment will be moved from one office or building to another. This does not guarantee that a transfer will be approved.
Who is authorized to sign a contract on behalf of the college?
The President and all Vice Presidents have signing authority on behalf of the college. Staff and faculty members have no authority to obligate Central Arizona College in any contractual matter or sign an agreement.
Can I Email or Fax a purchase order?Most purchase orders are Emailed back to the requester so they can place their own orders. The Purchasing Department should be notified when a requester or a vendor has special requirements for sending a purchase order.
Mark Salaz, SPSM
Director of Purchasing
Tel: (520) 494-5251
Fiscal Technician – Purchasing
Tel: (520) 494-5053
Fiscal Technician – Purchasing
Tel: (520) 494-5250
Warehouse Operations Specialist
Tel: (520) 494-5457