Nursing pathway with Concurrent Enrollment to ASU
Concurrent Associate Degree / Baccalaureate Degree / Nursing
The CAC/ASU CEP is designed for qualified associate degree nursing students who are interested in earning their Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree while pursuing their Associate’s degree in Nursing at Central Arizona College. When followed in sequence, this program enables students to complete their BSN degree concurrently in the same semester as graduating with their AAS degree. Students enrolled in the CEP will follow the traditional course of study for all CAC students pursuing their AAS degree in Nursing, but at the same time they will also be enrolled in required ASU nursing courses. Because ASU courses are taken online or in hybrid format, all ASU courses using a hybrid format will be offered in the Coolidge/Casa Grande area.
To be considered for participation in the CAC/ASU CEP, the following is required:
- ·Completed attendance at a CAC/ASU CEP Information Session.
- ·A completed CAC Nursing Application: Students submit completed application and appropriate supportive documents including transcripts and HESI A2 exam scores to CAC (deadlines are listed on CAC’s Nursing website). Students interested in pursuing the CAC/ASU CEP have the option to indicate their interest on the application, so that ASU advisors will evaluate their admissibility to the CEP, following their acceptance into the CAC Nursing program.
- ·A minimum GPA of 3.0 in all CAC and ASU prerequisites that are noted with an asterisk on page 3.
- ·All CAC prerequisites must be completed by the time of CEP application submission in order for a student to be considered for the CAC/ASU CEP.
- · It is preferred that students may have all 8 credits of ASU prerequisites completed when they submit their CEP application. However, there is flexibility to apply with prerequisites in-progress. Students who know that they will have in-progress prerequisite courses when they submit their CAC Nursing application should email copies of their unofficial transcripts to ASU.CEP@asu.edu for a preliminary review.
- ·Verification of all Health and Safety requirements of Central Arizona College and ASU’s School of Nursing after acceptance to the CEP program.
- ·Only the applications of students accepted to the CAC Nursing program will be evaluated by ASU’s advising team for further acceptance into the CEP.
- ·All students must complete both ASU and CAC program prerequisites as noted above.
- ·To ensure that prerequisites meet program requirements, students are encouraged to meet with CAC and ASU Nursing advisors.
- ·Students must attend a CAC CEP Information Session prior to applying to the program.
- ·Final determinations of transfer credits will be made by CAC and ASU admissions committee members.
- ·Application and acceptance to ASU’s School of Nursing is completed after eligibility into the CEP is determined.
- ·If you are currently enrolled and taking courses at CAC in a nursing cohort, you are not eligible to transfer into the CEP Program.
- ·Please email email@example.com to explore RN to BSN degree options.
Call or email Deana Castellanos, ASU Student Support Specialist Sr., for more information: 602-496-0937 ASUDeanaCastellanos@asu.edu
Questions about this pathway?
ASU Student Support Specialist Sr.
Career and Transfer Resources
Many students who start their college career at Central Arizona College plan to continue on for a bachelor’s degree.
If you plan to transfer, our Transfer Center has many resources to help you make the most of your time at CAC and plan for a smooth and successful transfer.
The Career Center is where students can find up-to-date resources in career assessment, resume development, interview preparation, and internships and more.