Central Arizona College’s Registered Nursing Program prepares students for the medical workforce or to complete further education to specialize in clinical practice, teaching, or administration.
*RN-AAS application deadline for Fall 2023 extended to March 1st, 2023 by 6PM. *
About Nursing Program
Our mission is:
- ·Teaching safe, evidenced-based practice
- ·Reaching out to a culturally diverse population within our community
- ·Understanding trends in nursing education and health care dynamics
- ·Empowering student learning through the use of innovation and technology
The program course sequence begins for new students each Fall and Spring semester. Class size is limited, making entrance into the CAC Nursing Program highly competitive. Those interested in additional information or an application to the program can attend a Nursing Information Session.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION INFORMATION
Application and Advising Process:
- Attend a Nursing Information Session to obtain an application, which is held monthly (except summer).
- Meet with an Advisor and develop a Master Academic Plan (MAP); signed by an Advisor. (Bring to advising meeting unofficial copies of all your transcripts.)
- Send official transcripts to Central Arizona College’s registrar.
- Take HESI entrance exams at a Central Arizona College’s testing center .
- Meet all criteria: GPA 2.75; BIO201/202 taken within the last 5 years; Pass HESI exam, AZ LPN or LNA; Eligibility to register for ENG101 and MAT141.
Turn Application Packet in by Deadline:
- Application Points Form
- MAP – signed by an Advisor
- HESI exam taken at Central Arizona College
- LNA or LPN proof
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended (including Central Arizona College)
- Bring packet to W110 at SPC campus, mail certified, or email application to email@example.com
Past student have used study resource: HESI A2 Practice Exam app
- February 1, 6:00 pm for Fall term — FALL 2023 deadline extended to March 1st, 2023!
- June 10, 6:00 pm for Spring term
- If the dates above fall on Friday or the weekend, the deadline date would be the following Monday
Nursing Information Session
February 22nd, 2023
(Please note this is the last information Session before the March 1st Application Deadline.)
The Nursing Division is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom Nursing Information Session. Students who attend a ZOOM session will have an opportunity to request an application be emailed to them after the session.
Topic: Nursing Information Session Zoom Meeting w/ LPN to RN Bridge Session
Time: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Meeting Link: https://zoomhttps://zoom.us/j/93529217668?pwd=SVZKMXVia2lRbHhVbG5GcFpZbDlKQT09.us/j/94197534640 No registration or sign up necessary.
Meeting ID: 935 2921 7668