NAEYC Week of the Young Child Proclamation
- WHEREAS, All young children deserve quality early learning environments that support them as capable and competent lifelong learners; and
- WHEREAS, Nurturing parenting, quality and accessible childcare, and early education programs build strong brains during the critical years from birth to age 5; and
- WHEREAS, Investments in babies and young children has profound impacts on creating a strong and vibrant community; and
- WHEREAS, First Things First, Arizona Association for the Education of Young Children, Southern Arizona Association for the Education of Young Children, and other community organizations, in conjunction with the National Association for the Education of Young Children, are celebrating the 51st anniversary of the Week of the Young Child; and
- WHEREAS, These organizations are working to improve equitable early learning opportunities that can provide a foundation of learning for children; and
- WHEREAS, Early childhood educators and others who make a difference in the lives of young children deserve thanks, recognition, and support; and
- WHEREAS, Public policies that support early learning for all young children are crucial to Arizona’s families, communities, and economy.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Evelyn Casuga, President Pinal County Community College Governing Board, do hereby proclaim April 2-8, 2022 as the Week of the Young Child at Central Arizona College and encourage all citizens to support and invest in early childhood education in our community.