CAC Workforce Development to Offer New Customer Service Academy
By Angela Askey, Executive Director of Public Relations & Marketing
Central Arizona College Workforce Development will launch a new Customer Service Academy, beginning in June.
Bob Duke, Director of Workforce Development explains, “We created this noncredit program based on results from Pinal County Skills Assessment surveys and discussions with local business members and chambers of commerce. The Academy will offer noncredit, short courses designed to empower employees with the skills needed to effectively work with customers and co-workers.” He added, “Courses are designed to last no more than eight hours. At the completion of the five-course series, participants will be awarded a noncredit certificate.”
The first course, focusing on customer service, will be held Mon., June 4 through Thurs., June 7, at the CAC Corporate Center (540 N. Camino Mercado, Suite 1, Casa Grande AZ). Class will begin at 6 p.m. and conclude by 8 p.m.
Students will receive an overview of the following topics:
- What customer service means in relation to all your customers, both internal and external.
- How your attitude affects customer service.
- Identifying your customers’ needs.
- Using outstanding customer service to generate return business.
- Building good will through in-person customer service.
- Providing outstanding customer service over the phone.
- Connecting with customers through online tools.
- Dealing with difficult customers.
Traci McDonald, a Senior Underwriter in the mortgage and loan field for CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc., will teach the customer service course. He is an experienced executive and professional trainer who has held senior mortgage underwriter and loan positions with Wells Fargo and JPMorgan Chase banks, where he developed successful teams.
Additional academy courses include:
- Telephone Etiquette, June 18 – 21
- Handling a Difficult Customer, July 9 – 12
- Conflict Resolution, July 23 – 26
- Critical Thinking, August 6 – 9
Registration is required and the special introductory course fee is $29. To register online, visit www.centralaz.edu. If you have not previously attended CAC, click on the admissions tab and click on apply now. For current CAC students, select registration under Quick Links or visit the student portal. Registration may also be completed in person at any CAC campus.
For more information, or to schedule classes specifically for an organization or group/consortium, contact Bob Duke at 520.494.6651.