Faculty-Led Trip to the Island of O’ahu
March 8th-18th, 2019 – During CAC’s Spring Break
Through the study of Polynesian culture and a focus on the history of the Pacific region, students will experience a heightened level of cultural and environmental awareness on this 10-day travel study program in Hawai’i.
Students will enjoy excursions in Honolulu, Central O’ahu, the Windward Coast, and North Shore, including visits to the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor and Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve.
- Explore the Iolani Palace and learn about the royal history of Hawai’i.
- Spend the day at Haunama Bay Nature Preserve, a pristine marine ecosystem, to learn about conservation.
- Visit Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial, pay tribute to the 1,177 crewmen killed at this site and explore the history of conflict in the Pacific.
- Enjoy a day at Dole Plantation to understand the pineapple industry and the significance of the plantation in Hawai’ian life.
- Experience the beauty and tradition of the Waimea Valley.
- Other daily excursions and many opportunities to swim, snorkle, surf and enjoy the majesty of Oah’u.
Check back for updates on info sessions, pricing and a full agenda.