Travel Study: Hawai’i
10-Day Educational Program in O’ahu
Faculty-Led Trip to the Island of O’ahu
During Summer Session: July 7-17, 2019
Through the study of Polynesian culture and a focus on the history of the Pacific region, students will experience a heightened level of cultural and environmental awareness on this 10-day travel study program in Hawai’i.
Students will enjoy excursions in Honolulu, Central O’ahu, the Windward Coast, and North Shore.
- Explore the Iolani Palace and learn about the royal history of Hawai’i.
- Spend the day at Haunama Bay Nature Preserve, a pristine marine ecosystem, to learn about conservation.
- Enjoy a day at Dole Plantation to understand the pineapple industry and the significance of the plantation in Hawai’ian life.
- Experience the beauty and tradition of the Waimea Valley.
- Other daily excursions and many opportunities to swim, snorkle, surf and enjoy the majesty of Oah’u.
Below are some frequently asked questions about this program.
– UPCOMING EVENTS –
Signal Peak Campus Student Union: Tuesday, March 26th