Coronavirus Disease 2019, COVID-19 Message
By Angela Askey, Executive Director Public Relations and Marketing
At Central Arizona College, the health, safety and wellbeing of our college faculty, staff and students is our highest priority.
At this time, Administration is working to closely monitor information related to the Coronavirus Disease 2019, also known as COVID-19. Please be assured that the College is taking measures to have an emergency/contingency plan in place should the virus be detected in our community. Periodic updates will be issued as warranted.
Next week, the College Wellness program will be distributing personal hand sanitizers and antibacterial wipes.
There are steps to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases, such as the flu and COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- When you are sick, keep your distance from others or stay home from work or school to limit others’ exposure to illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits, including getting plenty of sleep, being physically active, managing your stress, drinking plenty of fluids, and eating nutritious food.
Let’s all keep perspective, demonstrate empathy, and show respect. Simple health practices will help prevent these types of respiratory illnesses. Avoid stereotyping or stigmatizing any individuals or groups in the CAC and global community.
For more information, click on the link below to the Pinal County Public Health Department’s Coronavirus page: