Who may participate in First Step?
Pinal County high school students who have completed their sophomore, junior or senior year of high school and meet in-state residency guidelines are eligible.
When are classes held?
Classes are held during the college summer session. They last 5 and 8 weeks long. The Summer Semester begins Monday June 3, 2019.
How do I get started?
- Secure all signatures on the First Step Form (available from your high school guidance counselors or the CAC Recruitment Office)
- Make an appointment to attend a Testing and Advising session
- Attend your Testing and Advising forum. You will start registering for classes at the session
- Turn in the completed First Step form to the CAC Registration Office
- Attend an Orientation
- Purchase books at the Bookstore
- Attend all classes
What else should students know?
First Step students are members of the college community and are expected to adhere to all college rules and regulations listed in the College Catalog. Students are expected to attend all classes. Students are responsible for completing the withdrawal process for any courses they do not attend.
Testing and Advising Forums
Prior to registering for coursework at Central Arizona College, first time, First Step students are expected to complete placement testing and attend an Advising Forum. Placement testing and Advising Forums are available by appointment only. Students must contact one of the Campus/Centers listed below to schedule an appointment for Placement Testing and Advising Forum.