The Early College program provides Pinal County high school students an opportunity to get an early start into college by taking courses while still enrolled in high school. Students accepted into the Early College program receive a tuition waiver from Central Arizona College for up to five college credit hours. The tuition waiver covers regular in-state tuition and fees. Students are responsible for the purchase of textbooks, class materials, and are responsible for their own transportation to and from campus. Tuition waiver can only be used for CAC 100 level courses or higher.
Who can participate in the Early College Program?
To be eligible for Early College, students must be:
- A Pinal County resident
- A current Pinal County student who has completed their sophomore or junior year of high school
- Students must receive authorization from their high school guidance counselor
- Students must receive authorization from their parent or legal guardian
When are classes offered?
Central Arizona College offers classes throughout the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Fall 2020 semester begins on August 24, 2020.
Spring 2021 semester begins January 19, 2021.
Summer 2021 semester begins June 1, 2021.
Please see the Schedule of Classes for a current listing of all available classes.
How do I get started?
- Complete the online Admissions Application on the CAC website.
- Complete an Early College Application Form.
- Complete the college placement test in reading, writing, and math (The college has made the decision to halt placement testing at this time, and students will be allowed to self-place into courses, if they have not completed placement testing at this time).
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to review course placement options and select courses, prior to registering for classes.
- Students must submit the following:
- Save both forms and submit by email together to the CAC Records and Registration office at email@example.com.
- Register for and attend a CAC Orientation
What else should students know about the Early College program?
An Early College Application form must be submitted at the time of registration for each semester of enrollment, to ensure proper tuition waiver is applied to a students account.
Early College students are members of the CAC student body and are expected to adhere to the college rules, regulations, and the Student Code of Conduct.
Please remember that students enrolling in CAC high school programs are starting their official college transcript upon registering and attending classes. It is critical that students remember that their grades will directly impact their college records, college GPA, and college transcript, so it is imperative to take these courses serious at all times.