The Early College program provides Pinal County high school students an opportunity to get an early start into college by taking courses while still enrolled in high school. Students accepted into the Early College program receive a tuition waiver from Central Arizona College for up to 5 college credit hours. The tuition waiver covers regular in-state tuition and fees. Students are responsible for the purchase of textbooks, class materials, and are responsible for their own transportation to and from campus.
Who can participate in the Early College Program?
To be eligible for Early College, students must be:
- A Pinal County resident
- A current Pinal County student who has completed their sophomore or junior year of high school
- Students must receive authorization from their high school guidance counselor
- Students must receive authorization from their parent or legal guardian
When are classes offered?
Central Arizona College offers classes throughout the Fall and Spring semesters. The Fall 2017 semester begins on August 21, 2017 and the Spring 2018 semester begins January 16, 2018. Please see the Schedule of Classes for a current listing of all available classes.
How do I get started?
- Complete an Early College Application Form (available from your school counselor)
- Complete the college placement test in reading, writing, and math.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to review scores and select courses.
- Students must submit the following to the Records and Registration Office:
- CAC Registration Form
- Early College Application
- Register for and attend a CAC Orientation
What else should students know about the Early College program?
Early College students are members of the CAC student body and are expected to adhere to the college rules, regulations, and the Student Code of Conduct.
For more information about the Early College Program please contact Hazel Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org