The Nursing Assistant Program is designed to prepare students to be eligible for Nursing Assistant certification (CNA) or licensing (LNA) through the Arizona State Board of Nursing and, upon examination, to practice in a health care agency as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Licensed Nursing Assistant. With a LNA, the student is eligible to apply to enter into the CAC Nursing Program.
Nurse Assisting involves the performance of routine tasks in the general care of hospital, clinic, and skilled care patients. Nursing Assistants work directly under the supervision of practical and registered nurses, assisting licensed staff in providing quality nursing care. This occupation is one of many possible steps on a career ladder in the healthcare field. Nursing Assistants are vital members of the healthcare team.
Potential employers include: hospitals, residential care facilities, and patient homes.
Classes are offered at the following locations at various times throughout the year:
Superstition Mountain Campus
Signal Peak Campus
San Tan Campus
Aravaipa Campus – One semester per academic year
Student Preview Information – required documents must be submitted before registering for CNA125:
- Students must have passed MAT 082 or test out of MAT 082; and passed RDG 100 or test out of RDG 100
- High School Diploma, unofficial high school transcript, or GED
- PLP (proof of legal presence) – Birth Certificate, Passport, Permanent Resident Card, or Employment Authorization, etc.
- Driver’s License (copy front and back)
- Keep copies of all the above documents (need for the first day of class)
STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE A PREVIEW LETTER VIA THEIR SCHOOL EMAIL AFTER THEY HAVE REGISTERED
PREVIEW LETTER will include:
- Registration information for CORE Screening (Background Check, Drug Testing); Check student email for an Invite to CORE Screening to start Background Check and Drug Test.
- Please copy the results of your background and drug test from CORE screening after completed (will need the results in order to upload to mCE).
- Immunizations Requirements: MMR, Varicella, TB (2-step), Tdap, HEP B, Flu Vaccine (current season); download to Magnus Health when student receives an email from Magnus
- CPR (American Heart Association BLS) – must upload to Magnus Health
- Proof of Health Insurance – must upload to Magnus Health
- Lab and Clinical requirements (Scrubs – Hunter green top and bottoms, White shoes required); wear first day of class
- Health Care Provider Signature Form (Physical); sent with Preview Letter
- mCE (my Clinical Exchange) instructions included in Preview Letter (mCE is the immunizations’ upload site for clinical rotations)
- Other Costs (Books, Testing, and License) associated with the CNA125 class
Nursing Assistant Advanced Placement Program (CNA125A)
(Resume required, seats are limited, Director/Coordinator approval prior to registration)
This course is specifically for qualified healthcare workers who want to earn the additional certification and gain entry into a nursing program. after completing and passing the course, a student may take the Arizona exam for nursing assistants and receive the CNA or LNA credential which is usually required when applying for nursing school. Students will also go through their entry-level nursing skills, supervised clinical experience, basic anatomy, physiology, nutrition, and medical terminology pertinent to nursing assistants in residential care facilities or hospitals.
Specific admission criteria include: Employment records will be verified.
At least one (1) year full-time employment in the direct provision of health care within five (5) years OR
successful completion of course work that includes direct patient care experiences in allied health,
medicine, or nursing in the past five (5) years.
Student Registration for Summer and Fall 2019 opened April 1, 2019
Questions???? Please call Nursing Division: 520-494-5330
|CAMPUS||# TESTERS||WRITTEN||SKILLS||# TESTERS||WRITTEN||SKILLS|
|AVA||NO TESTERS||NO TESTERS||NO TESTERS||1||0%||100%|