Student Accessibility Services

Academic accommodations may be provided to students admitted at Central Arizona College who have registered with the Student Accessibility Department and have appropriate documentation of a disability.

  • Students should contact the Student Accessibility Services department.

Cheryl Hernandez, M.A., C.R.C.
Director-Student Accessibility Services or

  • Email  Documentation of Disability to the department. Documentation should come from a qualified professional and identify the disability and outline the impact on the student’s learning. **It is the student’s responsibility to obtain documentation.  The Student Accessibility Services department does not request information on the student’s behalf.

All documentation will be kept confidential

  • Once documentation is received, the department will schedule a virtual appointment.  Accommodations may be made for students who cannot participate in a virtual meeting.
  • The Student Accessibility Services department will determine the most compatible services, based upon student need, in accordance to section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the American’s with Disabilities Act.
  • Services will be documented in a student Accommodation Plan.  This plan can be revised and revisited, based upon student need.

Support is available for students who can document one of the following:

  • Specific Learning Disabilities
  • Physical Disabilities
  • Vision, Speech, and/or Hearing Impairments
  • Cognitive, Neurological, and/or Psychological impairments
  • Other medical conditions not listed above that are documented by a qualified professional and present a barrier to the student’s education.
  • Temporary medical conditions

Student Accessibility Services may include, but are not limited to:

  • A quiet testing environment
  • Text-to-speech transcription
  • Adaptive equipment and materials
  • Extended time for testing
  • Electronic recording/Note-Taking Services
  • Referral to and coordination with other appropriate local, state, or federal agencies
  • Sign language interpreters*

*If requesting Sign Language Interpreters or Transcribers for a one time appointment or event, or a semester long class, please fill out the appropriate form below. Also, please read and sign the Procedures for Requesting Interpreters form below. Please email the form to either or

Sign Language Interpreter/Transcriber Request Form

Procedures for Requesting Interpreter/Transcriber