Disability Resources and Support Services

Academic accommodations may be extended to students in any program of study who have registered as a student with a disability and have appropriate documentation of a disability.

  1. Make an appointment to see Disability Resource Services staff. (See contact info below.)

Cheryl Hernandez, M.A., C.R.C.
Coordinator-Disability Resources & Services

Ricardo Torres
Office Assistant II-Student Accessibility & Veteran Services

  1. Obtain and bring Documentation of Disability to appointment.

Support is available for students who can document one of the following:

  • Specific Learning Disabilities
  • Physical Disabilities
  • Vision, Speech, and/or Hearing Impairments
  • Cognitive, Neurological, and/or Psychological Disabilities

In order to qualify for services:

  1. Students must contact the Disability Resource Services Coordinator on their campus to register for services. (See contact information below.)
  2. Students with disabilities must provide current, appropriate documentation of a disability to the Disability Resource Services Coordinator. Documentation should come from a qualified professional and identify the disability, outline the impact on the student’s learning.

Disability Resource Services may include, but are not limited to:

Note-taking assistance

  • Sign language interpreters*
  • Text-to-speech transcription
  • Adaptive equipment and materials
  • Special accommodations
  • One-to-one advising/counseling
  • Referral to and coordination with other appropriate local, state, or federal agencies

*If requesting Sign Language Interpreters or Transcribers for a one time appointment or event, or a semester long class, please fill out the appropriate form below. Also, please read and sign the Procedures for Requesting Interpreters form below.

Sign Language Interpreter/Transcriber Request Form

Procedures for Requesting Interpreter/Transcriber