Guidelines: Promise for the Future Scholarship Educational Initiative
The Central Arizona College Foundation is dedicated to increasing resources, raising funds, and creating
friends and partnerships to support the mission of Central Arizona College. The Foundation Board of Directors oversees the Promise for the Future Scholarship Educational Initiative specifically designed to encourage students from Pinal County to stay in high school.
Pinal County students must submit the Promise Contract of Commitment or Pledge in their 8th grade year.
Requirements for students:
1) live in Pinal County and
2) graduate from a Pinal County public or charter high school
3) with a 2.75 or higher cumulative grade point average and
4) complete 20 hours of community service prior to graduation*
1) CAC will provide tuition-free education
2) There are no credit restrictions per four consecutive semesters
3) The Promise for the Future Educational Initiative provides funding for any tuition need that has
not been met. Promise for the Future tuition funds will be applied after all other financial aid has
been applied to the individual student account (excluding student loans).
1) Students must comply with the eligibility, receive, and renew criteria each semester in order to
receive the tuition award.
2) This guideline is to become effective with Promise award recipients enrolling for classes in the fall
semester of 2017.
3) Students may attend any campus of the Central Arizona College system
*Community service criteria began with students signing the Contract of Commitment in spring 2014 and
enrolling in the fall of 2018.