Professional academic advisors are available and their primary role is to help you make choices about career/life planning, explore degrees/programs that best align with your career goals, and examine how the personal choices you make impact your educational and career plans.
Central Arizona College does not currently require academic advising for all students; however, students are encouraged to seek advising on a regular basis (twice a semester).
Appointments are strongly encouraged for in-depth advising. Advisors are also available on a walk-in basis on Mondays for quick questions. We will make every effort to accommodate walk-ins. However, during high volume periods, students with advising appointments will have priority. Please note that during peak registration times, advisors may only be available by walk-in. Please refer to Advising for locations and hours.
We recommend you make an appointment if you need assistance with…
- career exploration
- developing your educational goal(s) and plan
- deciding upon/or changing a major program of study
- understanding your degree requirements
- determining your progress toward meeting degree requirements
- choosing appropriate courses and/or planning a course sequence
- creating a plan to overcome obstacles that are interfering with your academic success (this includes Academic Probation/Suspension)
- degree evaluation for graduation application or financial aid appeal