Academic Advising FAQs

What can I expect during an advising session?

Expect to cover one or more of the following:

  • Review your Master Academic Plan
  • Discuss your academic and career goals
  • Discuss your placement test scores
  • Review degree requirements
  • Assist with selecting courses for registration
  • Discuss options to pay for tuition
  • Discuss campus resources and services

What should I bring to an advising appointment?

High School Students:

  • High school transcript
  • SAT and/or ACT scores

Transfer Students:

  • Unofficial transcripts

Continuing CAC Students:

  • Master Academic Plan (MAP) from previous advising appointment

What is a MAP?

A MAP is a Master Academic Plan.  It is a guide for your program of study.  It is important to review your MAP with your academic advisor at least once a semester.

Where can I find the list of classes that fulfill the AGEC categories?

The current list of courses that fulfill the AGEC categories can be found online at AZTRANSFER or on the AGEC database.   Please note that the list of approved AGEC courses changes on an annual basis.  You are encouraged to work with an Academic Advisor to ensure appropriate selection of courses.

How do I drop and/or add a class?

Prior to the start of each semester and during the Drop/Add period (the first week each semester-see current Academic Calendar for dates).  Please refer to to the Add/Drop page.

After the Drop/Add period has ended, student needs to take a completed Drop/Add form to Registration to complete the change to their schedule.  Please keep in mind no tuition refund is available after drop/add period.

I tried to register online, but wasn’t able to because I have some kind of hold on my account. What do I do?

Contact Records/Admissions to determine the nature of the hold.  Once the reason for the hold has been resolved, you will be able to register.  Records/Admissions can be reached at:

  • Aravaipa Campus 520.357.2808
  • Maricopa Campus 520.494.6400
  • San Tan Campus 480.677.7829
  • Signal Peak Campus 520.494.5260
  • Superstition Mountain Campus 480.677.7731

How can I find out my grades and/or my Grade Point Average (GPA)?

  • Login to the Student Portal  and view your unofficial transcript
  • Print or View Unofficial Transcript
     Go to
     Select: LOGIN-Student Portal Homepage
     Academics
     Degree Audit
     Select: Unofficial Transcript

NOTE: Remember to EXIT out of Student Portal when you are finished so that no one else can gain access to your information

Where can I get a copy of my class schedule?

  • Log into Student Portal to view and print your
  • Print or View Class Schedule
     Go to
     Select: LOGIN-Student Portal Homepage
     Academics
     My Class Schedule
     Select: My Class Schedule PDF PDF Class Schedule

NOTE: Remember to EXIT out of Student Portal when you are finished so that no one else can gain access to your information.

Where can I get a copy of my transcript?

  • Click here to access the CAC Grades and Transcripts web page.

If you need an official transcript sent to you and/or another institution, choose “Request an Official Transcript Online“.  NOTE: you must have a valid credit card number to place the order.  Make sure you have the correct name(s) and address(es) of the receiving institution(s) available.

Do my credits transfer from another school?

CAC transfers credits from a regionally accredited institution.  An advisor can complete an unofficial evaluation of your unofficial transcript during an advising meeting.  An official transcript needs to be sent to Central Arizona College, Admissions and Registration, 8470 N. Overfield Road, Coolidge, AZ 85128 to get an official evaluation by the transcript evaluator.

What does AP or AS mean?

AP is Academic Probation and AS is for Academic Suspension.  If you receive a letter, email, or a message on your Student Portal indicating either status, please schedule an appointment to meet with an academic advisor as soon as possible.

When can I register for classes? When does the semester start and end?

Students can view the academic calendar for all semester dates, including finals schedule and withdrawal deadlines.

Where can I view course descriptions?