|Saving an Assignment in Rich Text Format|
Saving an Assignment in Rich Text Format
- View these directions as a printable document with pictures (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- View these directions as a "video"
Students frequently need to send documents to their instructors. At Central Arizona College most instructors use Microsoft Word as their word processor. If a student uses a word processor other than Word, the instructor might experience difficulty opening the document.
Rich Text Format (RTF) is a word processing file format which is almost universal. An RTF document can be created in any operating system (Windows or Mac) and can be read on almost every word processor.
- Open the word processed document you wish to save in Rich Text Format.
- Select "File, Save As".
- Click on the arrow at the right of the "Save as type" box and select "Rich Text Format" from the list.
- Select a place to store the file. Next click on the "Open" button for the folder to direct it there.
- Type in a name for the file and then click "Save".