Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that you may have questions about Residence Life and On-Campus Housing. For your convenience, we provided a list of the frequently asked questions. If there are any questions that you still have after reading this page, please feel free to contact us at 520-494-5470.

How do I apply to live on campus?

By filling out our Housing Application: CLICK HERE

I've heard the word "resident" used quite a bit. What do you mean?

We use the term "resident" to mean a student who resides on campus.


I am not currently living on campus. Can I still get housing during summer?

   Due to a limited options, summer housing is reserved for limited number of our current students only.

Are all of your rooms double occupancy?

Most of our rooms are double occupancy and we attempt to keep it that way. However, at times when we experience high volume of students who are in need of housing while attending the College, we may triple our rooms to accommodate all of our students.

How do you assign people to the rooms?

We have two separate processes regarding assignments to rooms. Our returning students have the ability to go through Room Draw in Spring semester of every year (exact times and dates are communicated to our students closer to the actual event) where students can pick their rooms and roommates for the following Fall.

Our new student room assignments are done on a first-come first-served basis. We look at the student's housing preference and try to honor it (whenever possible). Rooms are assigned randomly to students.

How does the roommate assignment work?

Just like a room assignment, our roommate assignment differs between our returning and new students. Returning students have an opportunity to sign up for a specific room with their roommate(s) during our Spring Room Draw. New students can request a specific roommate, however in order to honor the request, the person MUST request you back. Also, due to our assignment process, we encourage new students with specific roommate requests to turn in their applications at the same time or around the same date.

Do you have any student athlete housing?

We do have quite a few athletes that live on campus, however, we do not have a specific area or specific rooms designated for our athletes. We have a very diverse student population and we believe that students benefit greatly and can learn a lot by living with individuals who are different or have different aspirations in life. On occasion, certain athletic coaches will request that certain players live with each other and we try to accommodate these requests whenever possible.

Do you offer married student or family housing?

At this time we do not have any family housing. For married student housing, please contact our office directly at 520.494.5470 or via e-mail at

Are your buildings co-ed?

Yes, our buildings are co-ed, meaning that both males and females live in the same building (i.e. your room may be male, however next door to you there may be females). Please note that our Quads are single gender, however, the Quad next door may be the opposite gender than the one you're living in. The same goes for Suites and Tower rooms.

Are your rooms co-ed?

No, all our rooms are single gender. Since quite a few of our rooms are conjoined by Jack and Jill bathrooms, all rooms that share the same bathroom will be single gender.

Can I pick my room and/or roommate?

As a returning student you can pick your specific room and roommate during our Room Draw, held every Spring semester (online). As a new student you can state your preference for the room area and roommate. We try to honor your preference whenever possible, however we may not always be able to do so.

I have received a post card stating that my application is incomplete. What does that mean? What do I need to do?

If you have applied to live on-campus you will at some point receive a post card from our office stating that we have received your paperwork. If the post card is stating that the application is incomplete, please read what information we need from you specifically and attempt to send that to us as soon as possible. Your application will not be complete and you will not be assigned a space until we receive all of the needed documentation.

Do I have to have a meal plan if I live on campus?

Yes. All of our residents must have a meal plan. The reason is that our rooms do not have kitchens and most cooking appliances are not permitted in our Residence Halls, as per the  Student Handbook (located in the College Catalog) and per the Residence Life Compendium.

How many meals are provided per week?

19; Monday - Friday: breakfast, lunch, dinner; Weekends and Holidays: brunch and dinner.

What are the dining room hours?

For dining room hours and any specific information about our dining halls, please visit the Food Services page.

What are the room dimensions?

Although our rooms are not all the same, on average the rooms are 12'x12'.

What is provided in the room?

Each student will be provided with a chair, a desk, a dresser, a bed and extra-long twin mattress, and closet space. In addition to each room being furnished, our Quads' common lobby/living space has additional seating furniture.

What do you suggest I bring to campus?  

    • school supplies,
    • bedding (please make sure you get extra-long twin sheets),
    • pillows,
    • towels,
    • clothing,
    • personal hygiene items,
    • computer,
    • fan,
    • TV/DVD/CD player,
    • alarm clock,
    • phone,
    • laundry supplies (liquid detergent only),
    • shower shoes,
    • mini fridge (less than 4.5 cu ft),
    • microwave (1500 watts or less), 
    • other items you may deem important to you.

What items should I NOT bring?

The following items are not allowed in our rooms, so please do not bring them with you:

    • Grills of any kind (including the George Foreman's)
    • Toasters and Toaster Ovens
    • Hot Plates
    • Candles and Incense (a plug-in is a good and safe alternative)
    • Halogen and Lava Lamps
    • Black and stringed-type Lights (i.e. Christmas lights)
    • Hookahs
    • Alcohol or alcohol containers (including the empty bottles)
    • Weapons (of any kind, including but not limited to fireworks, pellet guns, martial arts weapons, etc)
    • Pets (fish in a 5 gallon tanks or less are permitted)
    • Drugs or drug paraphernalia (other than your prescriptions)

What utilities do you provide?

The following are included in your room price: electricity, water, outside landscaping and trash removal, basic cable (you must provide your own TV and coaxial cable), local phone service (you must provide your own telephone), and Internet. In Quads and Suites our Internet is wireless, in the Tower you can connect through an Ethernet cable (you must provide your own CAT5 cable).

I am having issues with the utilities in my room. What should I do?

Although we ensure that everything is in working condition prior to your move-in, we understand that things may break or not work to your satisfaction. If this is the case, please stop by the Residence Life Office front desk and fill out a work order for your room. Please be very specific with your request. If there is an emergency, such as the power is completely out in your room (lights, plugs, everything) or a water pipe seems to be broken and you have a leak, please call our office (520-494-5470) or after-hours Campus Police (520-836-9655) to have someone check it immediately.

I am having difficulty accessing my Internet/e-mail account. Where should I go?

To log into the CAC wireless network:

  • Select CACWIFI

If you are having a problem with your CAC e-mail account or do not know your CAC e-mail address, please visit the Online Learning Student Guide.

If you have been able to successfully use the internet for a while, but suddenly you cannot access it, there is a chance that you might have illegally downloaded something and as a result your account has been turned off. If this is the case, please stop by the Residence Life Office and schedule a meeting with our Assistant Director of Student Life, Vickie Higgs.

What about P2P file sharing, downloading, etc. Is it OK?

Please don't use any programs that allow sharing of files, such as music, movies, etc. Specifically Morpheus, Kazaa lite, frostwire, LimeWire, Aries, AllUC, Movie6, etc (and if you have them, please remove them). Using this type of software to download anything is illegal and your Internet access will be turned off. In addition you will have to go through our Discipline process and may face financial and criminal charges. Here is a good rule to follow when using Internet and downloading: "If you are downloading something for free that you would normally pay for, there is a good chance that it is illegal."

Any site from which you purchase your music and movies, like iTunes, AmazonMP3, Netflix, etc are okay. Internet sites that you can watch movies and television for free that are okay are Hulu, Major Television Network Web Sites, etc.

Also, for your safety, do not share your account username and password.

Who will clean my room/bathroom?

All common areas, such as public lobbies, restrooms and hallways are cleaned by our custodial staff. Your personal room, bathroom and lobby (in the quad) is yours and your roommates' responsibility. All rooms and bathrooms must be kept clean at all times. All rooms will be inspected no less than once a semester and unclean and unsanitary conditions will be reported and you may face disciplinary sanctions and/or fines.

I will have a car on campus. Do I need a parking permit?

If you are bringing a vehicle to campus, you will have to register it with our office and get a parking permit. You will be able to do this at the time you check into your room. Your first parking permit is FREE.

What are your housing options? What are the differences?

We have 3 housing options on campus:

    • Quads: 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, single-story separate housing unit. Quads have an outside access and once you enter you will be in the common lobby/living space. From there there are 2 sets of 2 bedrooms and a bathroom on each side of the building.
    • Suites: house 2-3 people. Each suite room is accessible from the outside and is conjoined by Jack and Jill bathroom with another room.
    • Tower: traditional style 3-story residence hall with inside hallways. Tower houses 120 students on 2nd and 3rd floor. Floors are co-ed, with single gender rooms and rooms are accessible through the inside hallway. Each room is conjoined with another room with a Jack and Jill bathroom in between.

What do I need to turn in to reserve my space?

You will need to turn in the housing application, license agreement/contract, immunization records and pay a $100 refundable deposit.  Please note that your application will not be considered complete and we will not reserve a space for you until we have received all of the needed paperwork.

Is my deposit refundable?

Yes, the $100 deposit is refundable to you:

  • upon you properly checking out of your room at the end of the year or semester,
  • are not returning to live in residence halls the following year,
  • and there are no damages to your room or key.

If you improperly check-out (leave without us knowing, not returning the key, not following the check-out protocol), leave mid-semester, and/or are removed from housing, your deposit will NOT be refunded. If there are damages to your room and/or you leave your room dirty, you will be charged and that charge will be deducted from your housing deposit (i.e. room was left dirty, you got charged $25, you will receive $75 back). If the damages are higher than $100 you will not receive your deposit and will receive a bill from us.

Where can I get my immunization records?

Most students will already have their own immunization records. If you do not, your physician and/or high school.

What is your mailing address?

8470 N Overfield Road
Coolidge, AZ 85128

What is your fax number?


What are your hours of operation?

Our academic year hours of operation are: Monday-Friday 8 AM-12 AM, Weekends 12 PM-12 AM. Please note that certain holidays we are closed or have amended working hours.

Our break office hours are: Monday-Friday 8 AM-4:30 PM. We are closed on weekends and most of the major holidays.

Where do I get my student ID? What do I do if I have lost my ID?

Once you register as a student you will receive your ID number (starts with 880). With that number you will be required to obtain a student ID. You can obtain your ID at the front desk of M building. If you have lost your ID, you will need to get a replacement ($10 charge).

Per CAC policy, students are required to carry their ID at all times. You will not be allowed to eat in the cafeteria without your ID and there are many items you will not be able to check-out from our office without a student ID.

Will I have a curfew while living in the Residence Halls?


Can I have an overnight guest?

Yes. Your guest must be registered at the Residence Life front desk prior to their stay. Overnight guests may stay for no more than 3 consecutive days/nights with a maximum of no more than 6 nights per month, and only after consideration is given to the roommates' needs and rights. Residence Life staff may deny entry of any guest. Please understand that your guest must remain with you at all times and cannot be wander around by themselves. You are responsible for your guest and their actions.

Can I have any pets?

You can have fish in a 5 gallon-tank or smaller. No other animals, other than specially pre-approved service dogs are allowed, so please leave Fluffy at home.

What are the policies and procedures for Residence Life Students?

For the list of all of our Policies and Procedures, please download our Housing Handbook (a.k.a. Compendium).

My parents/legal guardians called me because your office would not share any information about me because of FERPA. What is that?

FERPA - Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 is a Federal Law created to protect your rights and educational records.

If there is a particular individual with whom you would like us to share certain information with, you may fill out a FERPA release form (available at the Dean of Student Life, VP of Student Services and Director of Residence Life's Offices). On the form you will have to state specific information to be shared and a specific individual with whom the information can be shared with. Please note that each time you would want us to share any information, you will need to obtain this form and fill it out.

Can you please tell me more about safety on Campus?

Safety can be one of the biggest concerns for some parents and students. We have Campus Police Officer(s) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and Resident Student Leaders (RSLs) that live on campus and are on-call 7 nights a week, during the academic year. Both RSLs and Campus Police Officers conduct rounds throughout the housing ground no less than 3-4 times per night. We also have full-time professional staff that live on campus and are on-call 365 days a year.

We are located in the desert, so we do have wild creatures around here, such as rattle snakes, scorpions, Gila monsters, javelina, etc. These animals will usually leave you alone if you don't bother them and take precautions. If you see a snake on campus, please contact Campus Police immediately at 520-836-9655.

As far as other incidents, they do happen, however they tend to be rare. When it comes to theft, most of it is theft of opportunity - meaning you left your computer on a bench and went to lunch or you left your room door and/or window unlocked or opened.

We believe that safety is everyone's responsibility. We would suggest that each student talk to their parent/guardian about how they can make sure to have a fun and safe experience while in College. Some tips you might want to use:

  • always walk in pairs at night, or call Campus Police to escort you to your vehicle/room
  • keep your room door and window closed and locked, especially when you're not in your room
  • do not prop your door open, even if you are just going next door
  • do not give your room key out to anyone
  • know where the emergency call phones are located at

For more information about safety and to look at the reports, please visit CAC Police Department page.

If any of my items get stolen or damaged by fire or accident, will the school pay for it?

CAC does not insure any of the students' property, whether due to accident, fire or theft. Because of this reason, we highly encourage our students to obtain renter's insurance as a security measure.

If I get sick, do you provide health services on campus?

We do not have any healths services on campus. However, we are about 1 mile away from a Regional Fire Department and just a few miles down the road from Casa Grande Medical Center. We are asking that all of our residents have health insurance policies in case they get ill or have an accident.

What is there to do on campus?

RSLs put on an average of 2-4 events each week. The events range from social gatherings, such as Karaoke and game nights, movies and dances, to programs that are more educational in their content such as leadership development, healthy relationships and diversity education. In addition to Residence Life programs, Student Leadership, Student Clubs and Organizations, Athletics, etc. provide numerous events throughout the semester.

I'm interested in joining or starting my own club. Where do I go?

If there is a student organization you would like to be a part of or one you would like to start, the best place to start is Student Leadership.

I was told that as a resident I can check-out games and movies. Is that correct? How much does it cost?

Yes, we have a host of board games and DVDs to check-out. As long as you are a resident and have a valid student ID you can get them from our office. Movies require a $5 refundable deposit, which you get back once you return the movie on time and in working condition. Should you lose the movie or damage it you will be charged $20. For a list of current movies, stop by our front desk.

I have a great idea for an activity. Who should I talk to?

We always welcome you ideas and would love to work with you to make come to life. Talk to your RSL and just let them know about the great idea you have.

Are there any things to do off campus, close by? Where is the nearest mall?

Casa Grande has a new mall (located just off of I-10, exit 194 on Florence Blvd) that offers stores such as Target, Old Navy, Marshall's, Red Brick Pizza, movie theater, Olive Garden, etc. Down the road you can find Wal-Mart, Wallgreens and a CVS pharmacy, local restaurants and sports bars, a bowling alley, paint ball field, etc. Eloy is fairly close by and if you're really interested in an adrenaline filling experience they have a skydiving facility. If you are looking for more metropolitan things to do, Phoenix is about a 45-minute drive north from us and Tucson is about an hour away.

Where do I pay my school bills (housing, deposit, tuition, etc)?

All of your bills can be paid through CAC's Cashier's Office (520.494.5241).

Do you have any payment plan options?

Yes, check out Cashier's Office to set up your payment plan.

I need Financial Aid. Where should I go?

For any Financial Aid questions and concerns, please visit their website or call them directly at 520.494.5429.

Can the residents get mail while living on campus?

Yes, each student is assigned a mailbox when they are assigned their room. The information will be shared with you at your check-in time.

What is the mailing address for the students?

Your Name
Box #
8470 N Overfield Road
Coolidge, AZ 85128

In case I lock myself out of my room or lose my room key, what should I do?

If lock yourself out, stop by our front desk to receive a 10-minute key. Please note that you get 3 FREE lockouts before you have to pay a fine. If our office is closed, please get in touch with the RSL on duty or call Campus Police (520-836-9655).

In case you lose your key notify our office immediately. Your locks will be changed and you will receive a new key. Your account will be charged for the lock change.

Where do I go to report any maintenance issues (light bulb is out, shower is not draining properly, etc)?

To report any maintenance issues, please stop by our front desk and fill out a work order form. Please write clearly and explain what the problem is.

We are not from Arizona. What is the weather like throughout the year?

Arizona summers do get HOT. Very HOT (about 110-115 degrees during day and about 90-95 at night) but dry (except during the monsoons in July and early August). We are located in the desert, so during summer months our cold water can run quite warm. During winter, temperatures can drop down to low 30's (or even colder at night) so most people will need some form of a jacket, sweatshirt, etc.

Content on this page is provided by Student Life.

Central Arizona College - District Office 8470 N. Overfield Road, Coolidge, AZ 85128 Phone: 800-237-9814