|Disability Resource Services|
Academic accommodations may be extended to students in any program of study who have registered as a student with a disability and have appropriate documentation of a disability.
1. Make an appointment to see Disability Resource Services staff. (See contact info below.)
Cheryl Hernandez, M.A., C.R.C.
Coordinator-Disability Resources & Services
2. Obtain and bring Documentation of Disability to appointment.
Support is available for students who can document one of the following:
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Vision, Speech, and/or Hearing Impairments
- Cognitive, Neurological, and/or Psychological Disabilities
In order to qualify for services:
- Students must contact the Disability Resource Services Coordinator on their campus to register for services. (See contact information below.)
- Students with disabilities must provide current (no more than three years old), appropriate documentation of a disability to the Disability Resource Services Coordinator. Documentation should come from a qualified professional and identify the disability, outline the impact on the student's learning and indicate the accommodations that will compensate for the disability.
Disability Resource Services may include, but are not limited to:
- Note-taking assistance
- Sign language interpreters*
- Books on tape
- Adaptive equipment and materials
- Special accommodations
- One-to-one advising/counseling
- Development and monitoring of individual vocational plans
- Referral to and coordination with other appropriate local, state, or federal agencies
*If requesting Sign Language Interpreters or Transcribers for a one time appointment or event, or a semester long class, please fill out the appropriate form below. Also, please read and sign the Procedures for Requesting Interpreters form below.
Students on all campuses interested in receiving Disability Resource Services should contact:
Disability Resource Services Coordinator
Signal Peak Campus
Students Services Building
FAX (520) 494-6014