Some scholarships require a separate application process. These scholarships provide additional opportunities for qualified students to get support for their educational expenses at Central Arizona College. Review the description of each scholarship to determine if you meet their criteria.
Arizona Foster Care Tuition Waiver
In 2013, Governor Jan Brewer signed into law a bill to help Arizona's foster children earn a college degree by offering them free tuition. This five-year pilot program uses a combination of federal grants and scholarships, and university/college aid to cover students' tuition and fees.
To be eligible students must:
- be under 23 years old
- currently be in foster care and at least 16 years old; or
- formerly be in foster care when student was at least 16 years old; or
- have been adopted from foster care(and adoption finalized)after the student was 16 years old
- submit a foster care tuition waiver applicaton
- submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid each year
After receiving the waiver students must demonstrate continuous progress towards a degree of certificate, and complete at least 30 hours of volunteer service to remain eligible for the tuition waiver. Read all of the eligibility requirements for the Arizona Foster Care Tuition Waiver.
Chapter BP P.E.O. Sisterhood
The amount of the grant is $400.00. The grant is for one semester. Monies are gived directly to the student and are to be used for educational expenses. Grantee may reapply.
A women is considered eligible for the grant if she:
- has successfully completed at least one semester of her education
- is in need of financial assistance
- has the ability and skills necessary to complete the program
- is in good academic standing
- completes the application
- has a faculty recommendation
- is interviewed and approved by the Chapter
The application is to be completed and mailed or e-mailed to the person listed below. Candidates will be contacted regarding an interview.
Ms. Alice Parkin
PO BOX 11310
Casa Grande, AZ 85130