Central Arizona College offers a robust variety of studio art classes, including several levels of painting and drawing. The college offers several fine art history courses as well.
Visual artists often use painting, sculpting or illustration, and a wide assortment of materials, to communicate ideas and feelings as images and designs. Artists' works may be realistic, impressionistic or abstract and represent a vast range of subjects.
When you begin studying art at the college or university level, you typically begin by focusing on the fundamentals of art. Most students learn about design and drawing first.
Central Arizona College goes beyond the fundamental classes with a wide offering, including ceramics at many levels, printmaking, two- and three-dimensional design, jewelry making, metal working, photography and computer-assisted graphic design. Our faculty includes several nationally recognized artists.
Visual Arts Gallery
The Visual Arts Gallery at Central Arizona College hosts exceptionally high quality exhibitions that serve as a focal point for the cultural life of the community. Director Tom Belden keeps a close eye on the most substantial artistic work in the state and nation, and invites talented artists to the school. The Gallery brings the highest quality shows, from painting, prints and photography to hand-made furniture, to the students of Central and to the Pinal County community.
- Susan Ramos, Professor of Art - Art Appreciation, Drawing, Painting
- Tom Belden, Gallery Director - Ceramics Workshops
- Gordon Dingman, Adjunct Faculty - Ceramics
- Joan Dulla, Adjunct Faculty - Jewelry and Metalsmithing, Art Appreciation
- David Andres, Adjunct Faculty - Printmaking
- Louis Mendoza, Adjunct Faculty - Design and Drawing
- Laurie Black, Adjunct Faculty - Art History
- Alyson Hanson, Art History
- Kurt Niece, Adjunct Faculty - Jewelry Metalsmithing
- Sarah McLaughlin, Adjunct Faculty - Drawing, Painting , Art Appreciation
- Thomas Budzak, Adjunct Faculty - Ceramics, Design
- Barry Farmer, Adjunct Faculty - Design, Art Appreciation
- Jeremy Schmidt, Adjunct Faculty - Ceramics
- Song Bae, Adjunct Faculty - Drawing Painting , Art Appreciation
- Sergio Lepore, Adjunct Faculty - Drawing
- Don Manack, Adjunct Faculty - Printmaking
Activities include field trips to major Western museums and galleries, art fairs, and workshops. The Art Club also organizes student art sales, public workshops, and fundraising events. Our Empty Bowls Event every February generates funds donated to food banks in Pinal County. Art Club meetings are open to all CAC students on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 11:30 a.m. in N106.