|Programming and Web Development|
Computer Programmers write programs. After computer software engineers and systems analysts design software programs, the programmer converts that design into a logical series of instructions that the computer can follow. The programmer codes these instructions in any of a number of programming languages, depending on the need. The most common languages are C++, web Applications, Visual Basic, and Java.
Computer programmers also update, repair, modify, and expand existing programs. Some, especially those working on large projects that involve many programmers, use computer-assisted software engineering (CASE) tools to automate much of the coding process. These tools enable a programmer to concentrate on writing the unique parts of a program.
Programmers working on smaller projects often use "programmer environments," applications that increase productivity by combining, compiling, code walk-through, code generation, test data generation, and debugging functions. Programmers aslo use libraries of basic code that can be modified or customized for a specific application. This approach yeilds more reliable and consistent programs and increases programmers' productivity by eliminating some routine steps.
See Application Development and Web Design Certificate, Computer Programming Certificate and Computer Programming AAS Degree Programming Sequencing Guides attached under Resources.
Certificates available at Central Arizona College:
• Entry Level Web Developer- Responsible to work both remotely and onsite at client locations to assist the clients with information technology issues. They will also be involved in project work like server upgrades/migrations/virtualizations, desktop/laptop rollouts/upgrades and MSP client monitoring and maintenance.
• Java Web Developer- Java skills are critical. You will work with a small team of developers in a fast paced, every changing environment and you will be working on a variety of web site projects using an existing code base. You will be part of the team to enhance and perfect the front-end and back-end web applications.
• Jr Webmaster- Build websites using internal web build templates. Maintain Web Content on Sites including text, images, banners, videos and special offers. Test website functionality. Collaborate with internal solutions team members to enhance and improve site performance. Monitor site performance using Google Analytics or other SEO/SEM analysis methodology to implement, maintain and improve key word campaigns. Maintain SEO strategy to incorporate Social Networking sites such as facebook, Twitter, Youtube, craigslist and other various blogs and social networking sites. Write site content, write, review and post relevant information on various and industry-related blog sites.
• C++ Application Developer - Ideal candidates will have a passionate software development practice, a strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques, and a drive to teach others what they know -- all while working with a world class development team to provide cutting edge products to library customers.
• Software Developer- The position requires the individual to understand and be able to program using C++, be able to research and resolve problems independently with little or no guidance. The candidate also needs to know either Java or Objective C programming languages and be able to provide examples of their programming skills.
• C# / .NET Developer- Work in a casual team-based setting, creating and enhancing software solutions to meet our customer's requirements.
Degree available at Central Arizona College:
• Java Developer- Product testing (Java, JBoss, Eclipse applications). Creating developer-base exam questions. Testing, correcting, and supporting Java-based labs and exercises. Assist in editing marketing materials for accuracy/applicability. Assist in product planning in the Java industry.
• Entry Level Programmer- develops, administers, maintains, and supports policies and procedures for ensuring the functionality and accuracy of the programs used to spider job data from external sites. Relies on direction and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision.