|Microcomputer Business Applications|
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Microcomputer Business Application program prepares students in becoming part of the support system in almost any office configuration in a wide variety of business areas. Students learn to select and use business productivity software, basic web pages skills for integration between business data and the internet. The general education courses provide a well-rounded background that includes writing, reading, communication, mathematics, natural science, social sciences, and humanities and fine arts. Courses in the program prepare for the Microsoft examinations for certification as a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW).
See Application Development and Web Design Certificate, Microcomputer Business Applications Specialist Certificate and Microcomputer Business Application AAS Degree Master Academic Plans or MAP's attached under Resources.
Certificates available at Central Arizona College:
• Assistant Software Developers, Applications - Modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or as part of a team.
Microcomputer Business Applications Specialist Certif icate (24 credits)
• Clerical Assistant – Will be doing data entry, filing, posting insurance payments, and collections, answer phone according to the company telephone protocol, present and verify accuracy of all customer / patient paperwork, performs other duties as assigned.
• Office Assistant - Will have the following skills: Prior administrative /office experience is preferred, Microsoft Office knowledge, excellent problem solving skills scheduling, writing memo.
• Administrative Assistant - Will have the following skills: Microsoft Office Suite and other basic computer programs, knowledge of office procedures, filing, scheduling and light travel arrangements, managing outlook and syncing tasks and meetings.
Degree available at Central Arizona College:
• Front Desk Coordinator – Will be greeting and directing clients, some filing, data entry, and completing other various administrative tasks is required.
• Receptionist/Secretary – Responsibilities include answering calls, directing information, mail, administrative typing, letters & correspondence, spreadsheets and CSI / MasterSpec specifications.
• Administrative Assistant / Receptionist - Act as the Receptionist and first point of contact for all visitors. Provide administrative support to members of the Senior Management team to include but not limited to: maintaining calendars, scheduling and organizing meetings, arranging travel and processing expense reports. Order all office and kitchen supplies and ensure supplies are appropriately stocked.Coordinate and provide support on special events/projects.