The certificate and the AAS degree in accounting are both designed to help students enter the workforce in an entry-level or a bookkeeping position. Students planning to complete a professional accounting certification, such as the CPA, must continue their education at a university after graduating from CAC. Students desiring to earn their bachelor's degree in accounting should follow the Associate of Business (ABUS) degree track.
See Accounting Certificate or AAS Degree Program Sequencing Guide attached under Resources.
Visit the Arizona Accountancy Board for CPA license requirements. http://www.azaccountancy.gov/
• Inventory Clerk - Maintains inventory and dispensing supplies and equipment.
• Accounting Assistant - Supports accounting operations by filing documents; reconciling statements; running software programs.
• Certified Bookkeeper - Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions.
• Office Manager - Supports operations by organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Accountant - Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
For more information on these Accounting certificates and degrees contact:
Dr. Vaun Day - Accounting Professor
Christopher Demaline - Accounting Professor