Central Arizona College Receives Continuation of Accreditation through 2022-2023
By Angela Askey, Director of Marketing
Effective March 13, 2015, the Institutional Actions Council of the Higher Learning Commission continued the accreditation status of Central Arizona College through 2022-2023.
CAC was first recognized as a Candidate for Accreditation in 1971 and was fully accredited in March of 1973.
Accredited status indicates the college meets the Higher Learning Commission's Criteria for Accreditation as evaluated through a peer review process. There are five criteria the College must meet to receive accredited status.
The standards of quality used by the HLC to determine whether an institution is accredited or reaffirmed include:
- A clear and articulated mission
- Integrity: Ethical and responsible conduct
- Teaching and Learning: quality, resources and support lead to a high quality of education wherever and however offerings are delivered
- Teaching and Learning: evaluation and improvement within the institution's educational programs, learning environments, and support services.
- Resources, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness: Institution plans for future challenges and opportunities
"We are pleased with the reaffirmation of CAC's accreditation," stated Doris Helmich, President. "This is a testament to the quality of educational opportunities provided by the college for Pinal County residents."
For information about CAC's accreditation, you may contact the Higher Learning Commission at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, via phone at 312-263-0456 or online at www.ncahlc.org.