The overall purpose of the Foundation is to serve and support the College as a two-year institution of higher education with the primary role of providing student scholarships.
The Foundation was established in 1968 by a group of public-spirited Pinal County citizens. During its history, the Foundation has received financial gifts and real property from individuals and organizations.
The Foundation's specific purpose has expanded over time to include:
- Soliciting and accepting financial gifts, equipment, real property, and professional services.
- Providing student scholarships and grants to enhance academic achievement and success.
- Building and fostering relationships with the communities and agencies that the College serves.
- Supporting special projects that enhance the quality of educational programs.
- Providing recognition of students, college staff, Foundation members or community members for outstanding service or contributions to Central Arizona College.